Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 513
- Germany Jobs 95
- Netherlands Jobs 93
- Australia Jobs 65
- Singapore Jobs 40
- United Kingdom Jobs 35
- Canada Jobs 35
- Italy Jobs 34
- Spain Jobs 24
- Belgium Jobs 24
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 13
- Poland Jobs 12
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Portugal Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Philippines Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- India Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Czechia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 72
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 89
- Finance Jobs 35
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 100
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 50
- Human Resources Jobs 10
- Industry Jobs 107
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 14
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 304
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 49
- Systems Engineering Jobs 235
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Laser Service Engineer (ELI-NP)
Full time, Regular Employment
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
LASER SERVICE ENGINEER
THALES is the global player in high power laser systems proposing a unique combination of technological expertise and control of industrial integration of complex scientific systems with over 20 years’ experience in the field.
The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European Union plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-NP as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed in Bucharest, Romania; ELI will be delivering ultrashort, ultraintense laser pulses lasting typically a few femtoseconds (20 fs) with laser systems reaching peak power up to 10 PW. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in defining, implementing and maintaining the state-of-the-art laser technology within a new EU science facility.
The first Project’s phase was located mainly at THALES OPTRONIQUE France and consisted in system design, integration and support preparation.
From the second Project’s phase, the location is in Bucharest for system installation and long term maintenance.
For integration, implementation and long term maintenance of the 10PW laser system we invite applications for a new group member.
- Integration and testing of laser systems, including optical/laser alignment, fault diagnosis; monitoring and analysis;
- Final optical assembly of advanced laser systems;
- Optical alignment and test of advanced laser systems;
- Laser characterization using different optical techniques;
- Laser calibration using specific tools;
- Participate to laser documentation & Customer’s training;
- Integration, installation and testing of high energy flash lamp - pumped lasers, DPSS lasers, OPCPA lasers, ultra-short pulse lasers and PW lasers;
- Final optical assembly, optical alignment and test of laser system and their subsequent operation at ELI-NP premises;
- Working closely with a team of scientists, optical or mechanical engineers, control system engineers and software engineers;
- Be a key person for system support in the long term(maintenance & service);
- Participating at conferences.
- At least bachelor degree in a related field (physics, lasers/optics engineering, laser applications , optoelectronics/electronics, etc.) or with knowledge gained through working with lasers.
Requested technical competencies
- Experience\knowledge in working with lasers;
- Preferable having experience in aligning and testing opto-electronic or laser equipment;
- Represents a plus if you have experience with any of:
Assuring technical support;
- Core competencies in electrical and mechanical systems incorporating electronics (mechatronics);
- Troubleshooting electronic equipment;
- Strong innovation, analytical and diagnostic skills.
Would be a plus
- Knowledge of CREOVIEW and ANSYS;
- Master the CODE V software for optical systems.
- Very good intellectual capabilities;
- Technical troubleshooting ability;
- Technical skills;
- Solution oriented, team-working;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Motivation/Capability to travel and work in multi-cultural environment.
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results