Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2074
- Germany Jobs 192
- United Kingdom Jobs 169
- United States Jobs 151
- Australia Jobs 133
- Canada Jobs 132
- Netherlands Jobs 127
- Italy Jobs 94
- India Jobs 65
- Belgium Jobs 49
- Romania Jobs 44
- Singapore Jobs 43
- Portugal Jobs 35
- Spain Jobs 28
- Poland Jobs 25
- Mexico Jobs 24
- Czechia Jobs 22
- Austria Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Philippines Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Switzerland Jobs 10
- Japan Jobs 9
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 4
- Finland Jobs 4
- Sweden Jobs 4
- Luxembourg Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Ivory Coast Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 234
- Communications Jobs 7
- Customer Service Jobs 287
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 278
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 28
- Industry Jobs 286
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 34
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 72
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 56
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1282
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 166
- Systems Engineering Jobs 681
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Thermal Analysis Engineer
Regular Employment, Full time
Primary Purpose of Role
• Contribute to development projects for various spacecraft systems hardware.
• Create thermal models and perform thermal analysis activities to verify thermal designs.
• Support iterations of the thermal design with analysis updates.
• Support hardware qualification phases with thermal predictions and procedures for thermal testing.
• Evaluate equipment test results versus thermal requirements
• Write documentation and presentations of thermal models and their results.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
• Identify design requirements and the key thermal design drivers
• Generate preliminary and detailed thermal models of systems, subsystems and parts.
• Perform hand calculations and generate initial thermal models to size thermal control systems for hardware.
• Perform solutions and postprocess the results.
• Generation of reduced models.
• Support thermal design iterations and optimization.
• Provide feedback and inputs to the mechanical and thermal design team.
• Contribute to thermal interface definitions.
• Model checking, and peer review of other’s models.
• Generate and document deliverable models.
• Support the development and test plan/qualification sequence for the thermal aspects.
• Support thermal testing and perform model correlation from test data.
• Support the identification of the key drivers for the product competitiveness related to thermal aspects.
Experience and Skills
- 1-4 Years of experience as Thermal Analysis
- Experience of Thermal analysis using ESATAN-TMS (or other thermal software) for:
- Generating thermal models
- Setting up thermal cases
- Solving, postprocessing and evaluating the results.
- Experience with producing relevant documents and presenting at reviews.
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience in technical proposal preparation would be an asset
- Experience in the Space domain would be an asset
Education & Qualifications
• Maths, Science or Engineering degree in relevant area
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results