Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1120
- Germany Jobs 125
- Netherlands Jobs 93
- United States Jobs 45
- United Kingdom Jobs 44
- Australia Jobs 43
- Italy Jobs 43
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Canada Jobs 31
- Poland Jobs 30
- Colombia Jobs 19
- Singapore Jobs 18
- Brazil Jobs 18
- Romania Jobs 17
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 16
- Spain Jobs 15
- India Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Austria Jobs 5
- Czechia Jobs 4
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Taiwan Jobs 3
- Denmark Jobs 3
- Norway Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Hungary Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 98
- Communications Jobs 6
- Customer Service Jobs 141
- Finance Jobs 18
- Hardware Jobs 191
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 60
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 215
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 25
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 513
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 48
- Systems Engineering Jobs 414
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Space Optical System Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Who are you?
You have an experience in optical payload design?
You have an experience in image sensors and filters?
You hold a degree in engineering?
You have got a strong team spirit?
What we could offer:
Joining the systems team of Thales Alenia Space in the UK and working on a fantastic earth observation mission, the optical engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform optical design of the payload
- Perform modelling, simulation and trade-offs for the payload
- Perform straylight analysis
- Define calibration and alignment plan
- Selection of parts suitable for the space environment
- Manage interface specification
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the payload
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
- Experience with Requirements management tools such as DOORS, and modelling tools will be an advantage
- Experience with modelling tools
- Experience with Zemacs would be an asset
The position will be based at the TAS-UK Bristol/Harwell office but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results