Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1166
- Germany Jobs 121
- Netherlands Jobs 112
- Australia Jobs 72
- United Kingdom Jobs 51
- Singapore Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 38
- Canada Jobs 32
- Romania Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 25
- United States Jobs 23
- Poland Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 14
- Switzerland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Colombia Jobs 9
- India Jobs 8
- Mexico Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 4
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Norway Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Czechia Jobs 2
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 129
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 148
- Finance Jobs 50
- Hardware Jobs 223
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 31
- Industry Jobs 192
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 18
- Purchasing Jobs 31
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 23
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 452
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 92
- Systems Engineering Jobs 347
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Satellite systems engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Who are you ?
You have an experience in system engineering management / architecture at satellite / payload/platform level?
You have worked on ESA projects?
You hold a degree in engineering?
You have a strong team spirit and you are able to lead a technical team?
What we could offer:
Joining the systems team of Thales Alenia Space in the UK and working on a number of fascinating Earth Observation Mission, the lead systems engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage customer mission/system requirements and devolve these into subsystem requirements
- Allocate/coordinate the initial satellite budgets (mass, power, link, pointing)
- Conduct system / subsystem trade-offs
- Manage interfaces between subsystems
- Critically review inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal)
- Support design review (PDR, CDR, TRR, FAR)
- Propose system development strategy (EM, EQM. PFM) to mitigate schedule risks and budget constraint
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
- Mentoring of team members
- Support bids providing technical insight as well as costing inputs
- Support the verification strategy for the end to end system validation
- Manage costs and schedule for system work packages
The position will be based at the TAS-UK Bristol office but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results