Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1115
- Germany Jobs 167
- United Kingdom Jobs 110
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 86
- Romania Jobs 48
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 34
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 17
- Mexico Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 7
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 81
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 119
- Finance Jobs 21
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 218
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 40
- Human Resources Jobs 20
- Industry Jobs 153
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 17
- Purchasing Jobs 21
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 16
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 764
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 397
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Principal Purpose of the Position:
The TAS in the UK Product Assurance, Quality Assurance Manager will be in charge of the Product and Quality Assurance activities for electronic units and subsystems and systems designed and/or manufactured by Thales Alenia Space in the UK or procured.
The role will also involve supporting bid teams and coordinating Quality Engineering experts.
- Reporting to the Head of Propulsion and Module Integration TAS;
- Working closely with the Project Managers and Project Engineers;
- Working closely with Procurement and Supplier Operations;
- Supporting the Manufacturing activities and AIT teams;
- Coordinating the Quality Engineering experts (RAMS, Radiations, EEE parts quality, Materials and Processes) and Software PA.
- Interfacing with TAS in the UK management and TAS JV employees;
- Customer Product Assurance, and Quality Experts;
- Suppliers of hardware, software and manufacturing services;
- UK and European Space Agency (and other institutional customers) Product Assurance and technical experts;
- Commercial customer
- Third party auditors.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
Management of Quality Assurance / Product Assurance Activities
- Performing and/or coordinating the Quality Assurance / Product Assurance activities for TAS in the UK (Bristol and Harwell) and its suppliers/subcontractors (write/review Data packs, participate to/lead reviews, participate to inspections, manage NCRs,…);
- Perform Procurement Quality Assurance: activities (definition/cascading of Quality Requirements to subcontractors/ suppliers, review of Data packs, participate to/lead reviews, participate to inspections, manage NCRs,..)
- Management of Work Packages;
- Interfacing with TAS in theUK management;
- Supporting bid teams by reviewing product and quality assurance requirements, creating or amending product assurance procedures in line with the bid requirements and preparing the estimates;
- Internal and external audit performance, including sub-contracts & suppliers;
- Interface with other TAS Quality organizations.
Quality Management System:
- Customer’s satisfaction improvement
- Quality Management System implementation and review
- Improvement Plan definition and follow up
- Quality reporting including Veto right and duty of alert
- Alerts (following non-conformance) management
- Claims management
- Company Quality dashboard
- support Company Certifications
- Lessons learnt implementation
The job holder will be required to perform ad-hoc additional duties that will arise from time to time that are consistent with the nature of this position.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The candidate has ideally more than 3 years of experience and a demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities;
- Management of quality or product assurance in a complex multifunctional manufacturing or engineering context;
- Experience in any of the areas on follows is desirable:
- Satellite/subsystem AIT
- Electronic units
- A working knowledge of European Space Agency or UK MoD quality and product assurance expectations
- Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business
- Knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines would be advantageous: RAMS, Radiations, EEE Parts Quality, Materials and Processes
- The job holder would be expected to be educated to degree level in an Engineering or QA discipline
- A professional qualification from an institution with relevance to Quality & product assurance is desirable.
- While specific knowledge of the French Language is not a prerequisite for this position it would be advantageous to facilitate activities across the TAS Joint Venture organisation.
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain it would be advantageous.
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model:
- Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
- Be Ambitious and Accountable
- Perform Through Co-operation
- Influence Key Stakeholders
- Manage Self
- Engage and Develop Teams
The job requires a flexible and “can do” approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
It will also require the demonstration of behaviours that contribute to an agile and collaborative operating model, “One International Company”
Normally based in the Bristol office but a certain amount time will be required to work in the Harwell office and will also require UK or International Travel.
A driver’s licence that is valid in the UK is a preferable requirement of this position.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results