Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1986
- Netherlands Jobs 135
- United Kingdom Jobs 123
- Germany Jobs 88
- Australia Jobs 83
- Canada Jobs 59
- Singapore Jobs 46
- Romania Jobs 42
- United States Jobs 41
- Italy Jobs 20
- Belgium Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 3
- India Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Morocco Jobs 3
- Mexico Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Brazil Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 180
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 362
- Finance Jobs 50
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 178
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 267
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 35
- Purchasing Jobs 44
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 53
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 771
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 72
- Systems Engineering Jobs 547
EGSE Design Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the EGSE Manager with technical oversight provided by the Skill lead.
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
• Design / Specification of EGSE to support Spacecraft AIT (e.g. EPS, RF, CCS, TMTCFE) following requirement engineering process (Traceability/Compliance matrix etc.) taking into account customer level requirements.
• Review of suppliers documentation / RID generation (e.g. during Tender phase or during formal reviews with the customer PDR/CDR etc)
• Support of major review with the Customer.
• Production of relevant EGSE documentation (e.g. Design reports, User Manuals, Test Procedures)
• Oversee manufacturing process for EGSE systems, This may include:
o managing/prioritizing the manufacturing processes.
o Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
• 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include
o Commissioning of hardware,
o Composition of AIT procedures,
Candidate desired Skillset:
Expertise in one or (ideally) more than one of the following fields is desired:
• Knowledge of one (or more) Spacecraft subsystem from previous ESA mission (e.g. EPS, OBC, COMMS etc.)
• Experience in certification process would be an asset (i.e. CE marking)
• Experience in EGSE/ATE design/procurement
• EGSE Data Exchange Network (EDEN) protocol will be a plus
• Satellite Reference Database (SRDB) / MIB format will be a plus
• Requirements Management (RATIONAL DOORS knowledge would be considered an asset)
The position will be based either at the TAS-UK Bristol or Harwell office.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results