Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1810
- Germany Jobs 194
- United States Jobs 155
- United Kingdom Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 124
- Australia Jobs 116
- Italy Jobs 107
- Canada Jobs 83
- Romania Jobs 63
- India Jobs 50
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Spain Jobs 37
- Poland Jobs 28
- Portugal Jobs 28
- Czechia Jobs 24
- Mexico Jobs 22
- Brazil Jobs 14
- Philippines Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 9
- Colombia Jobs 9
- China Jobs 8
- Japan Jobs 8
- Morocco Jobs 8
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Luxembourg Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 5
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 4
- Finland Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 2
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Bulgaria Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- French Guiana Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 183
- Communications Jobs 7
- Customer Service Jobs 262
- Finance Jobs 47
- Hardware Jobs 231
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 75
- Human Resources Jobs 27
- Industry Jobs 293
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 29
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 67
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 61
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1142
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 164
- Systems Engineering Jobs 627
Digital Design Engineer (Thales Alenia Space UK)
Regular Employment, Full time
- Do you have state of the art design skills in digital electronics design for the Space environment?
- Do you have experience of working in ESA Space programmes designing and developing breadboard, EM, EQM and FM electronics designs?
- Do you want to be part of some of the biggest scientific space programs that require the design and development of new satellite electronics equipment and systems?
- Do you have a strong team spirit?
About the role
Digital electronics and FPGA design for the Space environment in accordance with European Space Agency flight standards and Thales Alenia Space quality management standards.
Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Manager the main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Digital electronics and FPGA design targeting Space applications
- Generate specification, architecture, development and validation plans for breadboard, EM, EQM and FM designs.
- Simulation verification to ensure key design performance requirements can be met.
- Parts stress and worst case analysis.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout to achieve best in class digital performance.
- Creation of manufacturing data packs and management of interface for PCB manufacture and assembly.
- Board bring up and validation testing of digital electronics designs.
- Support to integration and unit level testing.
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the unit.
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues.
- Technical contribution to system level design and requirements, informing the system level architecture with a trade-off and down selection of possible options.
- Technical contribution to the development of hardware requirements, work package definition and budget estimation.
- Technical contribution to the hardware engineering department’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lead teams and drive projects forwards.
- PCB schematic capture and layout (Mentor Graphics xDX and xPCB).
- PCB signal integrity and power distribution analysis (Mentor Hyperlynx)
- Experience with Xilinx UltraScale+ MPSoC, Microchip RTAX & RTG4 FPGAs
- Microprocessor & microcontroller design (GR740, DPC)
- FPGA design (Vivado, Libero SoC, QuestaSim, Sigasi)
- Software for debug and test (‘C’, C#, Assembly, Linux, VBA, Labview)
- Experience in the use of analogue simulation tools, including piecewise linear modelling (SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, LTSpice).
- The Requirements management (DOORS).
- Configuration Control (Windchill).
- Failure Mode Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Knowledge of EMC and appropriate mitigating design techniques.
- Experience of spacecraft discrete and data interfaces.
- Experience in analogue signal conditioning, SMPS’s, analogue control loops and motor drives.
- Experience of meeting GDIR requirements.
Values & Behaviours
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in digital design engineering.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs.
Financial / Budgetary Responsibility:
- Manage assigned work packages providing monthly estimates to complete tasks.
Position will be based at the TAS-UK Bristol office but up to 20% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results