Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2140
- United Kingdom Jobs 180
- Netherlands Jobs 125
- Germany Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 94
- United States Jobs 79
- Canada Jobs 47
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Romania Jobs 40
- Italy Jobs 29
- Belgium Jobs 25
- India Jobs 21
- Spain Jobs 20
- Mexico Jobs 20
- Poland Jobs 19
- Austria Jobs 14
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 9
- Czechia Jobs 6
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Colombia Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Malaysia Jobs 2
- Ivory Coast Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- China Jobs 1
- Switzerland Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 174
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 298
- Finance Jobs 59
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 286
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 22
- Industry Jobs 301
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- Purchasing Jobs 40
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 49
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 975
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 108
- Systems Engineering Jobs 588
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 2
Systems Engineer - Fixed Term
Full time, Fixed Term / Temporary
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
With continued growth and in anticipation of a number of exciting prospects in the Integration Airspace Protection Systems business domain, Thales UK are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer on an initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC), based in Belfast. Undertaking an incremental and integral role in the team, we are looking to recruit an experienced Systems Engineer who can undertake the full design life cycle, both front-end System Requirements and Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. This role will provide opportunity work across multiple projects at various stages of the life cycles including new and existing projects, providing a truly varied role.
Initially this opportunity is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering across Air Operations, Systems and Services.
Task will include but not limited to:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Speciality Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with particular emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is “engineered in”
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
Skills & Behaviours
Thales is committed to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. We are looking for an individual with strong systematic skills, ability to work across multiple teams, along with the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience working in a system engineering environment
- To have a good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
- To have a good working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- To have a good working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- Experience gained in either a solution design or IVV role, with demonstrable, practical experience of these – preferably on a complex software-centric projects
- Accountable and committed to excellence
- Agile and innovative
The successful candidate will need to be able to gain SC clearance - please refer to the UKSV website for further information
Along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits, we will also consider providing relocation support (eligibility terms do apply).
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results