Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2260
- Netherlands Jobs 156
- United Kingdom Jobs 136
- Germany Jobs 92
- Canada Jobs 84
- Australia Jobs 81
- United States Jobs 80
- Singapore Jobs 59
- Romania Jobs 33
- India Jobs 24
- Italy Jobs 24
- Poland Jobs 20
- Austria Jobs 18
- Belgium Jobs 15
- Spain Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Czechia Jobs 12
- Thailand Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 9
- Denmark Jobs 9
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 6
- Japan Jobs 5
- Colombia Jobs 5
- Mexico Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Israel Jobs 2
- Finland Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 207
- Communications Jobs 22
- Customer Service Jobs 389
- Finance Jobs 69
- General Management Jobs 10
- Hardware Jobs 196
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 143
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 304
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 31
- nCphr Jobs 7
- Purchasing Jobs 48
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 64
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 887
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 118
- Systems Engineering Jobs 654
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The Thales Air Operations and Weapons (AOW) business based in Belfast are currently recruiting for an excellent opportunity within the technical directorate, a Solution Architect. The role will have responsibility for leading the definition and preliminary development of Solution Architectures for AOW Air Defence and Surface Attack markets.
- The job-holder will work closely with all members of the AOW Product Management Core Team (including the Product Line Managers, and Product Line Architects), and with Sales and Marketing, Capture Leads and Bid Managers.
- To define generic solution architectures for Air Defence and Surface Attack solutions which are compliant with customer requirements and aligned with the AOW Product Strategy.This will include the definition of interfaces between the constituent products (Platforms, Missiles, Fire Units, Surveillance Sensors, & Command & Control), and the development of the Concept of Operation.
- To customise the generic solution architectures to meet specific customer’s key requirements and budget constraints.This activity will be conducted in the context of bids and in the early phases of project delivery (typically up to Preliminary Design Review).
- To act as the Technical Lead on UK & Export Bids and Demonstrations with specific responsibility for co-ordinating the preparation and review of all technical documentation, and the conduct of all technical solution reviews.
- To lead Customer facing technical activities during bids, including delivering presentations, preparing white papers, responding to technical queries, and supporting product demonstrations.
- To provide technical governance of engineering activities during the solution delivery phase to ensure that compliance with the customer contract and with AOW product policy is maintained.
Essential Skills & Experience
- System Architecting experience in complex systems and solutions.
- A proven track record of success in defining technical solutions and delivering technical proposals for complex systems within typical bid constraints (limited time, budget, resource etc).
- Ability to analyse customer requirements, and negotiate requirement/solution trade-offs to achieve a winning compromise between cost, schedule, and compliance.
- Ability to identify solution technical issues and risks in order to plan the mitigation strategy and engineering activities required.
- An effective team player who can interface at all levels within the organisation and who can operate successfully in a multi-cultural environment, working effectively with teams distributed across different sites/countries.
- Good verbal communication skills, report writing skills, and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Air Defence and/or Surface Attack domain knowledge including Operational Concepts, and detailed technical knowledge of weapon system products (Missiles, Fire Units, Surveillance Sensors, and Command & Control systems) for these applications.
- Clear understanding of (and experience in) system engineering processes including functional baseline management (i.e. Specification writing, requirements analysis/management, system level design, functional partitioning/allocation, interface design/control).
- Honours Degree or equivalent in Science and/or Engineering
- Ability to travel in the UK or internationally at short notice in support of bids and demonstrations.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results