Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2140
- United Kingdom Jobs 180
- Netherlands Jobs 125
- Germany Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 94
- United States Jobs 79
- Canada Jobs 47
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Romania Jobs 40
- Italy Jobs 29
- Belgium Jobs 25
- India Jobs 21
- Spain Jobs 20
- Mexico Jobs 20
- Poland Jobs 19
- Austria Jobs 14
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 9
- Czechia Jobs 6
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Colombia Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Malaysia Jobs 2
- Ivory Coast Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- China Jobs 1
- Switzerland Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 174
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 298
- Finance Jobs 59
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 286
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 22
- Industry Jobs 301
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- Purchasing Jobs 40
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 49
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 975
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 108
- Systems Engineering Jobs 588
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 2
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Land and Air Systems (LAS) Air Operation and Weapons (AOW) business unit as Requirements Engineer.
Due to expansion we are recruiting for a Requirements Engineer who can undertake both front-end lifecycle System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With the opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Requirements Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering across Air Operations, Systems and Services.
Tasks will include:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into functional and non-functional requirements
- Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- Responsible for Requirement Management Planning and tools
- Support the requirement improvement, validation and verification work.
- Participate in team decision-making and provide support and collaboration for the team
- Manage project requirements /Conduct peer reviews of requirements specifications
- DOORS tool administrative tasks / Manage project metrics
- Support to engineering team on projects
- Support IVVQ tasks on projects
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to capture verification, qualification and acceptance data & requirements management
- Working knowledge of Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer’s requirement
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience of requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS), or experience of system architectural modelling or simulation (e.g. in MatLab or Simulink) is preferred but not essential
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results