Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2140
- United Kingdom Jobs 180
- Netherlands Jobs 125
- Germany Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 94
- United States Jobs 79
- Canada Jobs 47
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Romania Jobs 40
- Italy Jobs 29
- Belgium Jobs 25
- India Jobs 21
- Spain Jobs 20
- Mexico Jobs 20
- Poland Jobs 19
- Austria Jobs 14
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 9
- Czechia Jobs 6
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Colombia Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Malaysia Jobs 2
- Ivory Coast Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- China Jobs 1
- Switzerland Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 174
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 298
- Finance Jobs 59
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 286
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 22
- Industry Jobs 301
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- Purchasing Jobs 40
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 49
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 975
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 108
- Systems Engineering Jobs 588
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 2
Head of Trials & Environmental Test
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- Manage the Trials & Environmental Test (T&ET) team within IAS. Responsible for resources, administration, facilities, equipment, processes, training and budgets and ensuring the delivery of trials & environmental test for IAS products.
- To provide hands-on technical leadership for the T&ET team.
- To plan and co-ordinate the technical and administrative activities of the team, including budgets.
- Plan and cost all project tasks for the T&ET team.
- Manage capital expenditure as required to facilitate T&ET activities.
- Maintain and develop T&ET Processes and Procedures to ensure best team practice application.
- Representative the business at LAS and UK level for this function.
- Responsible for functional management of the T&ET team.
- Responsible for planning and management of departmental tools and facilities.
- Liase with Engineering Disciplines to ensure consistency on T&ET practices and effective use of tools.
- Identify and Recommend appropriate T&ET Training for IAS business.
- Represent the business during trials activities and liaise with the customer regarding the content of the trial.
- Act as System Engineering Manager for UK MOD range support.
- Maintain explosive licence with UK Health & Safety Executive for production conditioning facility at ADR Manorbier.
- Experience of the full design lifecycle, concept to disposal.
- Depth of knowledge covering range and test facilities
- Knowledge of standards and best practices associated with T&ET activities
- Engineering/Science degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in leadership roles.
- Willingness and flexibility to support T&ET activities at other Thales sites.
- Team player, with strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Chartered Engineer, Membership of relevant professional institute (desirable).
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results