Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2860
- United Kingdom Jobs 178
- Netherlands Jobs 134
- Germany Jobs 111
- Australia Jobs 107
- United States Jobs 65
- Canada Jobs 53
- Singapore Jobs 37
- Romania Jobs 36
- Belgium Jobs 28
- Italy Jobs 24
- India Jobs 22
- Portugal Jobs 20
- Poland Jobs 15
- Austria Jobs 11
- Spain Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Denmark Jobs 6
- Switzerland Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 3
- Qatar Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 2
- China Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 242
- Communications Jobs 27
- Customer Service Jobs 452
- Finance Jobs 101
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 283
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 174
- Human Resources Jobs 78
- Industry Jobs 425
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 25
- nCphr Jobs 11
- Purchasing Jobs 73
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 71
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 987
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 131
- Systems Engineering Jobs 664
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 2
Electro Optics Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Head of Electro Optics
PURPOSE OF JOB
To be responsible for the professional development of a team or teams within a given engineering discipline and to be the technical engineering focus for this discipline. To plan and co-ordinate the technical and administrative activities of the teams ensuring that staff levels and expertise meet the company’s operating plan. To develop the expertise in new technology and design methodologies to support new and future projects in line with the strategic plan.
To participate in the development of common Division / Country processes, methods & tools, and encourage their use and the sharing of resources, with the aim of maximising savings through synergies across the Division / Country.
- Responsible for functional management of up to 10 engineers and specialists.
- Responsible for planning budget resources of up to £1.5 M.
- Responsible for planning and management of discipline facilities.
- Involved with a CEA budget of frequently £30K , infrequently up to £250K.
- Approval of discipline bids and estimates frequently up to £1M, infrequently up to £2M
- To plan and implement the objectives of the Functional Team to satisfy the policies and strategy of Thales Belfast
- To control and balance the resources and facilities of the Functional Team to ensure that the work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner and that programme deliverables are achieved
- Providing expert contribution to programmes, reviews bids and plans, recommending re-use of designs, modules and opportunities for common projects to effect savings across the business and deliver on time
- To recruit, develop and train staff to meet the resourcing demands of the business and to maintain and develop the core competencies required
- To perform functional team tasks such as People 1st, professional development of staff, overhead and training budget generation and management
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining efficient working practices and effective employee relations
- To enhance competitivity through continual improvement of functional processes and adoption of best practices
- To support the technical directorate in the technical assurance of projects and products through involvement in peer reviews, design reviews and appraisals related to the functional discipline
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Engineering/Science degree or experience in lieu
- Significant experience in the engineering discipline, of which 3 years should be in a leadership role.
- A confident communicator, resourceful and proactive, ensuring adequate quality and timely delivery.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results