Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 423
- Germany Jobs 117
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 64
- Singapore Jobs 41
- United Kingdom Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 34
- Canada Jobs 29
- Spain Jobs 27
- Belgium Jobs 23
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Philippines Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- India Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Czechia Jobs 3
- Norway Jobs 3
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Hungary Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 78
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 95
- Finance Jobs 29
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 96
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 57
- Human Resources Jobs 7
- Industry Jobs 80
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 14
- Purchasing Jobs 12
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 12
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 292
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 40
- Systems Engineering Jobs 226
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Full time, Regular Employment
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has been present in Thailand since the early 1990s, opening its first representative office in Bangkok in 2005. Today, Thales Thailand employs 45 people, and has numerous programmes and achievements to its name in both the civil and defence sectors. The Group is a long-term strategic supplier of defence systems for the Royal Thai Army and Navy. In aerospace, Thales plays a key strategic role, delivering country-wide solutions to Thai customers in the area of air traffic management, radars and navigation aids. Thales is supplying ground transportation solutions to the main and urban rail lines in the area of signalling and fare collection.
Thales DGDI is a structure managing the development of commercial relationships and international operations of Thales Group. In view of our growing activities, we are looking for a Bid Manager to be based in Bangkok, Thailand. Thales Thailand (TTH) is responsible for representing the Group in promoting and marketing specialized electronic systems and is also supporting other Thales entities in bids and projects.
Reporting to the Head of Operations of Thales, the Bid Manager is in charge to deliver the bids related to the Thales Thailand on-shore workshare, mainly in Transportation and Defence domains.
The key focus of this role is to develop TTH local capability in operations, and to secure new business for Thales by increasing TTH local footprint. This is also an excellent opportunity to work with a wide number of business functions, which will contribute towards the development of Thales in the country.
- Analyze customer needs, competition, and Thales positioning to determine the bid strategy, in conjunction with the Capture Leader and Business Development / Sales Manager (the Capture Leader may be located in another Thales unit, as exporting unit)
- Prepare the Gate Business Case and drive the validation process within the respective Thales organizations (TTH/DGDI/GBU etc.)
- Work with multi-disciplinary Bid Teams (Technical, Finance, Commercial, Legal, Quality, HSE, Operations) both locally and abroad to deliver high quality business winning proposals
- Lead the set-up of TTH overall costing and of the technical & industrial proposal (including offsets)
- Conduct negotiations and clarification sessions with the Customer
- Enforce Thales Sales and Bid Process (Gate/IGTR/MRBOA etc.) within TTH organization. Customize and implement Thales processes and tools according to local specificities.
Eligible candidates should possess a Business or an Engineering degree with focus on the following:
- International Sales and/or Technical and Operation Management
- Understanding of International Politics
- English -fluent in speaking and writing
- Knowledge of Defense, Aeronautics and/or Transportation industries is an advantage
- Basic knowledge of International Trade, Contract Management and Finance is a minimum requirement
- A technical background will be appreciated
- Ideally have Sales, Bids and/or Programme Management experience
- Eligible candidates should have a structured and analytical mindset with attention to detail.
- The ability to operate in an international environment is essential to understand Asian and Western culture difference.
- The Bid Manager will have to deal on a daily basis with multiple bid teams globally based on various time-zones.
- The candidate should enjoy problem solving and dealing in a complex and long lead business environment.
- Above all the candidate should be a communicative, enthusiastic and responsible team player who is also able to work independently
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results