Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1115
- Germany Jobs 167
- United Kingdom Jobs 110
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 86
- Romania Jobs 48
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 34
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 17
- Mexico Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 7
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 81
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 119
- Finance Jobs 21
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 218
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 40
- Human Resources Jobs 20
- Industry Jobs 153
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 17
- Purchasing Jobs 21
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 16
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 764
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 397
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
DoT-FAA Large Account Director
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
Knowing what Thales does today, means asking where technology is taking us tomorrow. We are creating the waves of digital transformation that will cary our customers into the future. Where these transformations intersect and interfere is where the most interesting and innovative tomorrows are being built. Thales operates at the intersection of these technologies to find every tomorrow.
Thales is looking for a DoT-FAA Large Account Directorfor our site in Arlington, VA. The DoT-FAA Large Account Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a strong network of relationships with the key account and leading Thales engagement with the account in support of the strategies and capture plans of multiple Thales units and business lines. The successful candidate will develop an intimate relationship with the account, becoming a trusted adviser to key individuals in the account and gain a deep understanding of the account’s needs, issues, ways of working, processes, budgets and other related elements. Additionally, the DoT-FAA Large Account Director must be knowledgeable of Thales’s business portfolio and help businesses identity, shape and capture new business opportunities with the customer.
The DoT-FAA Large Account Director will develop, implement and adapt a multi-year key account plan aimed at continuously improving customer satisfaction/perception of Thales, increasing the Thales share of customer spending and help Thales business expand the breadth of goods and services it performs for the customer. The DoT-FAA Large Account Director will act as capture leader for small opportunities and will collaborate with dedicated capture leaders for large programs. The candidate must be a talented networker and exceptional at leading through influence.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Builds and maintains a broad and deep understanding of the customer account, its organization, key players, its decision-making process, ways of working, budgets, priorities and other elements necessary to support Thales businesses in identifying, influencing and winning business with the account.
- Shapes customer perception of Thales, influences customer approach/plans and serves as a trusted partner to key customer officials in helping them address their needs
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Sales, BD and Program Managers - identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats - conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust, tested & validated, win strategy with a strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to build a product and service solution offering, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Monitors company project execution and delivery performance for business related to the account in order to support the customer and the project teams in ensuring success.
- Knowledge of aviation and air traffic management business
- Domestic and limited international travel is required; approximately 30% of the time.
Required Skills, Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business administration or marketing and 10+ years of capture management/business development and sales experience in the US federal government marketplace
- Experience successfully managing and growing large, complex US federal government account(s)
- Experience with development of successful capture management plans for large government procurements –interacts with the company senior management, able to present, explain and defend his/ her capture strategy and adjust it according to collected inputs
- Experience with development of proposals in response to US federal government RFPs
- Experience with developing strategic pricing and conducting Price-to-Win analysis
- Experience with management and skills in management of large capture and/or business development opportunities
- Experience working with senior and executive management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent sales and communication skills and ability to manage appropriate responses to the US federal government acquisition process
- Experience with US Government pursuits and contracting, interfacing and building trusting relationships with the customers and partners
- 5+ Years of experience in US government cost accounting (indirect and direct cost structuring, etc), contract types and its implication on capture strategy; experience with complex cost modelling and finance
- Experience working with a multinational business unit
- Experience performing under pressure in a dynamic environment with a high degree of initiative and motivation.
- Must be a US Citizen, able to obtain and maintain a FAA public Trust
- Master’s degree preferred in business, engineering, commerce or other related field.
- Extensive existing network of relationships within the Department of Defense and other related, influencing agencies and organizations.
- Successfully led capture of at least 3 significant federal government contracts ($50M or larger)
- Ability to apply sound logic and strategic thinking to recommend solutions to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Extensive experience with matrix management and influencing through indirect leadership.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-833-676-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.