Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1125
- Germany Jobs 174
- United Kingdom Jobs 106
- Netherlands Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 82
- Romania Jobs 45
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Italy Jobs 32
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 16
- Portugal Jobs 16
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Norway Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 86
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 114
- Finance Jobs 18
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 227
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 149
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 758
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 79
- Systems Engineering Jobs 400
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Bid and Program Manager – Flight Avionics USA
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
Knowing what Thales does today, means asking where technology is taking us tomorrow. We are creating the waves of digital transformation that will cary our customers into the future. Where these transformations intersect and interfere is where the most interesting and innovative tomorrows are being built. Thales operates at the intersection of these technologies to find every tomorrow.
We are currently looking for a Bid and Program Manager – Flight Avionics to join Thales in Arlington, VA. The Bid and Program Manager – Flight Avionics will report to the Director, Bids and Programs. He/she will manage all activities related to his/her assigned bid/project/program and ensure that we provide the customer with timely, high quality services and products within our budget and time frames. He/she will manage proposals in response to current or new potential customers’ requests (RFI/RFP), and will ensure that strategic, programmatic, technical and commercial aspects are taken into account in the preparation such proposals, in concurrence with the Business Development Director. The candidate will be a key element in the development of new customers /markets and help to grow Thales activities in the USA. This role will involve several interactions with customers and will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction and business growth.
Thales USA Flight Avionics team is responsible to grow the defense and civil business in the USA for both fixed wing and rotorcraft markets, including pre-bid phase, RFXs response, the design of the solution and the integration and certification of the system in the aircraft. Thales is currently looking for an experienced Bid and Program Manager in order to support its Flight Avionics division expansion and growth for military markets in the U.S.A. to be physically located at our Headquarter in Arlington, VA with possibility to work remote.
- Organizes Gate reviews in collaboration with the sales manager;
- Prepares Cost Estimate Requests (CER) for Thales units, and coordinate with procurement department Requests For Quotations to potential suppliers, and manages estimates and quotations reviews;
- Prepares program estimates, Statement of Work and compliance matrices for new projects;
- Work closely with the PMO, Director of Operations, Director of Delivery, and the IT Project Manager ensuring clear communication, business based prioritization, and definition of precise scope and planning;
- Coordinates and prepares proposal documents;
- Manages the project team during bid preparation and negotiation;
- Manages proposal costs;
- Coordinates with the sales manager communication with the clients during the bid phase.
Manage the customer relationship for the program:
- Lead customer interactions for the project
- Inform the customer regularly and with full transparency of the program progress;
- Maintain customer liaison customer to ensure the on time delivery of items under the responsibility of the customer;
- Prepare and realize reviews with the customer, in particular acceptance reviews;
- Negotiate the amendments in the scopes of the contract in keeping with company rules and process;
- Handle change requests;
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with decision-makers across operations groups (PMO, Procurement, Supply Chain, Data Center, Quality, Software Development and Validation, Manufacturing, Logistics and Ops Finance) to build and continuously improve process to ensure high quality and on-time delivery
Guarantee the delivery of the solution within the deadlines:
- By respecting the clauses of the contract and by meeting the requirements and expectations of the customer;
- By respecting the cost objective (assigned costs) and thus the margin, while trying constantly to reduce the costs, to manage the risks with caution and to take advantage of internal and external opportunities.
Set up and manage the baseline of the program:
- Drive the project to ensure customer satisfaction by meeting deadlines, quality specifications, and project profitability;
- Establish staffing, budget and plans defining for all aspects of the program, the timetable and workload, risks and opportunities;
- Regular and reliable updates of the Estimated Cost At Completion;
- Build project schedule and cost baseline and update project forecast regularly (at-least every month);
- Provide visibility of the project progress, making sure to obtain the necessary resources and identifying/resolving issues;
- Deliver solutions that are cost effective, easy to operate, and generate value.
Manage risks and opportunities:
- Oversee project risks and related action plans;
- Identify, quantify, attribute responsibilities and manage the risks;
- Take the necessary measures to cover risks and contingencies;
- Focus on precise planning, forecast, continuous risk and contingency management, change management and timely escalation.
Manage the program team:
- Organize the team and delegate the tasks to the individuals in charge of the work packages;
- Fix collective and individual objectives for the team members;
- Ensure that all the team members share relevant, coherent information and up to date information;
- Manage the financial aspects of projects including costs and revenue.
- Collect information and ensure visibility for Thales on upcoming bids for the DoD or prime contractors
- Ensure team is ready to address upcoming opportunities;
- Represent Thales is specific technical working groups and influence final design to position Thales and increase its chances to win.
- Prepare and maintain a long term forecast of opportunities, their value and our probability of capture.
- Ability to travel 25 – 40% of the time, primarily within US, with occasional travel internationally (mainly to France);
Required Skills and Experience:
- US Citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline
- 10+ years of experience in program management in the field of aerospace/avionics
- Experience working within complex avionics and aircraft systems
- Experience in negotiation
- Leadership experience
- Experience with formal written and verbal communications;
- Experience building project schedules with Microsoft Project;
- Experience with PM tools – Confluence or equivalent, JIRA or equivalent;
- Experience performing risk management activities;
- Experience planning for the various stages of transformational and transitional change, recognizing how people react to it and how it affects the organization.
- Experience in project management with the US DoD;
- Experience of managing complex avionics system projects in an international context;
- Engineering degree is an asset;
- MBA or equivalent is an asset;
- Working knowledge of French is an asset;
- Capacity to work in an international and multicultural environment;
- Can manage scope and requirements autonomously;
- Former military experience is an asset;
- PMP certification is an asset;
- High energy, team oriented, data driven and results focused;
- Ability to stay cool under pressure;
- Can delegate tasks with a high level of integrity.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-833-676-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.