Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1864
- Germany Jobs 206
- United Kingdom Jobs 142
- Australia Jobs 126
- Netherlands Jobs 123
- United States Jobs 107
- Canada Jobs 92
- Romania Jobs 70
- Italy Jobs 62
- India Jobs 60
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Poland Jobs 33
- Portugal Jobs 30
- Czechia Jobs 26
- Mexico Jobs 26
- Spain Jobs 22
- China Jobs 15
- Switzerland Jobs 15
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 13
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 9
- Colombia Jobs 8
- Japan Jobs 7
- Morocco Jobs 6
- Philippines Jobs 5
- Luxembourg Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Israel Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 2
- Taiwan Jobs 2
- Argentina Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Hungary Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 165
- Communications Jobs 24
- Customer Service Jobs 235
- Finance Jobs 70
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 247
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 87
- Human Resources Jobs 61
- Industry Jobs 309
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 34
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 71
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 41
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1125
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 136
- Systems Engineering Jobs 596
Senior Systems Engineer - Air Surveillance
Regular Employment, Full time
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
For decades, Ottawa has been a global technology leader. Today, Canada’s capital holds one of the brightest and most diverse technological ecosystems in North America. Voted as Canada’s best place to live 2017 by Macleans , Ottawa offers a low cost of living with a high quality of life. The Thales Ottawa office has been a major supplier and long-term trusted partner to DND, enabling the Canadian Armed Forces and the Canadian Coast Guard to achieve mission success.
The Senior Systems Engineer will play a critical role as part of the engineering team responsible for delivering a long-range air surveillance system.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the engineering team located in Ottawa, Canada. The incumbent will provide operational and technical expertise to enable the successful specification, design, implementation and integration of military ground based air defence systems including radar, tactical data links, Command and Control (C2) systems, and secure voice and data communication systems to ensure that the system as delivered is fit for purpose and accepted by the customer.
Key Job Functions:
- Provide operational and technical expertise to enable the successful specification, design, implementation and integration of military ground based air defence systems including, but not limited to, radar, tactical data links, Command and Control (C2) systems, and secure voice and data communication systems.
- Understands the customer and end user needs and develops the Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification (IVVQ) Plan to satisfy these needs.
- Coordinates the analysis of system, subsystem and software requirements and the definition of the applicable test objectives.
- Plans and coordinates integration activities in-house and at project sites to mitigate the key project acceptance and commissioning risks.
- Supervises the integration and test activities in the lab and on site ensuring the application of standards, best practices and measuring the work quality.
- Investigates integration anomalies through review of data files, design documentation and through interaction with the development teams.
- Coordinates the project verification and validation work, including the preparation of the test plans.
- Provides expert analysis and recommendations to resolve system integration and commissioning problems and risks.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations to increase the efficiency of the IVVQ work both in lab and at project sites
- Directs and reviews the work performed by the IVVQ team members.
- Trains and develops the skills of the IVVQ team.
- Optimizes in-house testing (in-lieu of field testing), coordinates the development of the operational and stress / bust-it testing.
- Communicates with engineering stakeholders on test and verification related topics.
- Coordinates the preparation of system and subsystem requirements verification matrices.
- Performs independent review of the test results.
- Coordinates the execution of formal tests within the laboratory.
- Prepares integration and test reports, which record the pass/ fail status of planned tests and identify problems detected during the tests.
- Prepares trip reports upon completion of field assignments.
- Assists in the development of IVVQ schedules and the associated progress reporting.
- Produces KPI/Metrics to measure the status and quality of the IVVQ test events to key project stakeholders.
- Raises, monitors and tracks to closure problem reports throughout the IVVQ test events
- Coordinates the development of IVVQ processes and tools.
- Ensures that the IVVQ team adheres to company’s processes.
Key Skill Requirements:
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements and Canadian security clearance.
- Engineering Degreefrom a university program accredited by a Canadian Professional Engineering licencing body, or equivalent
- Demonstrated operational experience in the use of military ground based air defence systems including radar, tactical data links, Command and Control (C2) systems, and secure voice and data communication systems.
- Experience in working with radar, IFF, Link-11, command and control systems, and secure voice communications systems.
- Experience in managing interfaces between radar and C2 subsystems to meet overall platform level requirements.
- Military background in ground based air defence, air weapons control
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests.
- Fluent in English, skilled communicator, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team, responsible, quality oriented and able to meet deadlines, aptitude for clear and concise thinking, flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Experience as a Project Manager or Work Package Manager is an asset.
- P.Eng. or equivalent is desirable.
- IPMA, PMP or equivalent is an asset.
- English required, French would be an asset
Thales is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
< Go Back to results